The most progressive village in Harris Township had its beginning as a lumbering town. It was named in honor of Mr. M.P. Perron who purchased land and constructed a mill there about 1891. The post-office was established in 1899. A general merchandise store, a large boarding house, and a community ballroom were constructed by Mr. M.P. Perron. Other structures that followed were two blacksmith shops, a doctor's office and residence, and numerous log cabins by the employees. The first cheese factory was built in 1914 by Mr. Serahn. A junction railway extended about twelve miles north of Perronville. The train service consisted of one passenger and express train daily and several logging trains. Missionaries came to Perronville and held devotions in the school or other buildings once a month. The first Catholic church was built about 1918 and was destroyed by fire in 1922 when the present church was built. Early settlers in Perronville were of French descent but now the Polish nationality predominates. The State Highway M-69 was constructed in 1918. Previous to that time the village was made accessible by train or by horse and carriage over a rough road bedded with corduroy. Within the past few years several residents of Perronville have started minkeries. Most residents earn their livelihood by farming and harvesting forest products.
Source: Menominee County Book for Schools, edited by Ethel Schuyler. Menominee, Michigan: Office of County School Commissioner, 1941.